Saturday, May 13, 2023

When I started writing, I learned it helps to make your product seem sexy

Years ago, an internet acquaintance started calling me Don Quixote, so I started calling him Sancho Panza. After reading the Rise of the American White Reich, again post at this blog, Sancho emailed:

Obviously you are writing all this as a Socratic Apology for your family... there are many versions of this in your lexicon and I suppose that this is true of all of us, in whatever way we are capable of expressing it... we all want to be understood and accepted as being a person worthy of love!

Hey, Sloan, you need somebody to do a quick proofreading of your writing before it's published, I saw a couple of times you called "Blacks", "Backs" and you also got the year 2024 all screwed up! 

You are a very prolific writer and have a tremendous memory and love taking the road less travelled... that, cannot be denied!

I replied:

Thanks for the edit catches. I'm dyslexic, and that has been a problem for me all of my life with writing and math. I've never used a human proofreader for a blog, but I'll give that some thought.

Sancho and I had many discussions about Covid-19 and the tragedy of President Trump shutting down America when he had a simple, cheap 5-day early treatment cure in his hands, thanks to a New York family practice doctor name Vladimir Zelenko, whose letter to President Trump is at the end of this blog post. Sancho told me about the letter, which I published many times of my bog, afoolsworkneverends.blogspot.com.

President Trump announced the cure on TV as perhaps a miracle. The FDA gave the cure provisional approval to treat early stage Covid-19. The Democrats and the Medical-Industrial Complex went haywire. The FDA canceled its provisional approval. YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and and other social media blocked anything about Dr. Zelenko and his cure. President Trump abandoned what could have kept America and the world open.

Sancho was totally opposed to vaccines, which I came to view as a necessary evil. Even today, Sancho rails against the vaccines, which led to my emailing him yesterday, that his railing against vaccinations seems odd, since he voted twice for Trump, who made the vaccines possible. (Sancho voted twice for Barack Obama and didn't like how Obama did things.)

When I reminded Sancho of that yesterday, he wrote:

I just remembered your mentioning that your Mother-in-law had a myocardial infarction shortly after receiving the shot... so everybody is different... in your case these Trump shots might have helped you get your inheritance sooner than later. :-)

I replied:

I don't know if my stepmother was vaccinated or not. She was a MAGA and in Alabama MAGAs tended not to get vaccinated. What I was told by my stepmother's lawyer was, she wasn't feeling well, was taken to a hospital, where she died of a massive heart attack.  
 
Her death certificate shows two causes of death, in this numerical order:

1. Covid-19 pneumonia
2. NSTEMI
 
I looked up NSTEMI and found: 
 
A Non-ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction is a type of heart attack, often referred to as NSTEMI or a non-STEMI. In medical terminology, a heart attack is a myocardial infarction. The NSTEMI is a less severe form of heart attack than the STEMI, because it inflicts less damage to the heart."

My stepmother's death could have speeded things up in my father's estate, but it didn't, because the trustee of the trust in which my father's children had interests, sued her grandson for defamation and stalking. Her grandson was one of the trust beneficiaries, because his mother, the daughter of my stepmother, had died. But for that lawsuit, the trust would have been resolved in mediation. Instead, it was a real shit show, but finally it resolved.

Sancho wrote:

OK.... I was just busting your balls about that, I really know shit about all that legal stuff involved in inheritances, other than what you told me at the time, You told me she needed to die before your full inheritance could be released and that they were advancing you money monthly to help you get by! Keep healthy and forget about Politics... why don't you take a little vacation back to KW and visit old friends there?
 
I replied:

There was an inheritance for each of my father's children, to be paid when my stepmother died. My part of that inheritance is what they began advancing to me, after they learned I was living on the street, sleeping nights in the KW police staton. That was much le$$ amount, than the trust, which was to be paid in 2021. Yet, even the smaller inheritance didn't get paid when my stepmother died, because of her lawyers and her grandson and their lawyers and the trustee of the trust. I'm out of all of it now, but it was no fun getting out of it. 
 
I don't think I have the physical stamina to go back to Key West for a visit, nor do I feel, not yet at least, longing to go back there. I'm happier and feel more alive when I'm writing and poking where I'm not particularly welcome. I like where I live in Birmingham, and I get to play a lot more chess and bridge here, than in Key West. That was a wonderful phase of a really diverse experience, but I've moved on to other ways of strange.

I wrote a book earlier this year about my father, his company, Golden Flake, and his family, from the perspective of his presumed oldest son, who became the family black sheep and keeper of the family skeletons. I covered the litigation that affected me and my father's blood heirs. 
 
The book is being readied for submission to a publisher. If there is no interest, the book will be published as a free read at archive.org, were a number of my non-fiction, fiction, stranger than fiction, poetry, etc. works are free reads. 
 
You should by now have read enough of what I wrote to know for a fact that I do not write apologies for my family, nor do I write because I want to be understood and accepted as being a person worthy of love. :-) 
  
I took your advice and now have an old friend proofreading my blog posts (after the fact). She proofread a book I wrote and legal papers I drew up after I moved back to Alabama, and she did a very good job. She has read my writings since 1990, and she knows I take no prisoners, including myself.:-)

Sancho wrote:

It's good to have friends when you get old... I have very few... and all this politics is making it less and less! 

BTW, did you get that Cataract surgery? I need to, but been procrastinating... if you did, did everything go well? Do you need to use eye drops all the time now?

I replied:

I knew the eye doctor when he was a kid. He told me that when my father came to him with much the same cataracts as mine, he told my father that young doctors would operate, but he thought my father should not go that route, but come see him a year later, and that was his advice to me. I think, though, I will need cataract surgery. No eye drops, so far. My younger daughter and her husband are eye surgeons, he does cataract surgery all the time. She is retired. She was a pediatric eye surgeon. She told me she loved her children patients, but their parents were stressful, and she was a good actress and her patient's parents thought she loved them, too.  
 
Re politics, religion, etc.- at my age, the only contact sport available to me is the Internet. My keyboard gets lots of exercise. Re friends - I have quite a few who put up with me, seem to like me, up to a point. A few beyond that point. But only one I would want in my foxhole with me during a mortar attack. As for angels, that's a different theater altogether.

My proofreader said she loves the name of this new blog, and I am really good with coming up with names for blogs and blog posts. I said, back in the day, I learned it helps to make your product seem sexy.

sloanbashinsky@yahoo.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and share this blog.

Golden Flake dumped its clown many years ago

     A very close friend of my younger brother, Major, commented under The Golden Flake Clown's Tale post at my Facebook page yesterday....